Monday 9 January 2012

Buildings and Industry

 This is some more of my work from college.  I became very interested in machinery, industry and industrial buildings and wanted to explore these themes in my work. Most of these images were sketchbook development using various media.

Shipwreck painting

Fineliner drawing of a brewery

Marker drawing of a brewery

Pencil drawing of a house porch

Acrylic painting of a building at night
I really like the way some buildings look at night, especially when there is strong lighting on the exterior. In this painting for example, I liked how the lights on the building defined its shape, creating the appearance that it is standing alone, and making it appear isolated.


Biro drawing of engine

Drawing of car parts

Pencil drawing of petrol pump

Pencil drawing of an engine

Car port made with coloured films

Silo made with coloured film and newspaper
 I found some old coloured translucent films but I can't remember who they were made by. I also found some old letratone, and made these pictures.  I really like the block colours. Its a shame you can't buy the films anymore.

Mixed media petrol station

Acrylic painting of train station
My final piece was a local train station with a bridge, painted refering to photos taken in the snow at night last winter. I really liked the lighting on the bridge and the contrast of colours between the bridge and the building. This was one of the first paintings I did without using any black paint so I was happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment